There are phishing emails in circulation that attempt to mislead online banking users into giving their login credentials. These emails may be titled 'Account Blocked' and come from various email domains such as but not limited to these sources @fsu.edu, @sc.edu, cgu.edu. They typically contain hyperlinks or attachments leading to a fake online banking website.
What you should do:
- Do not click on email attachment and hyperlinks from unknown sources.
- Always type in the URL of OCBC website directly into the browser address bar.
- Install and maintain the latest anti-virus software on your computer/mobile devices.
- Do not key in your Online Banking Access Code, PIN, One-Time-Password (OTP) or hardware token details into suspicious websites.
- Follow the recommended practices on Safeguarding Your Online Banking Access.
- OCBC will never request customer confidential information via email or SMS. If you notice any unusual activities, please log off immediately and call us at 1800 363 3333.